I prefer science fiction, fantasy, and horror without the spaceships, dragons, and zombies.
Of all the books I've read in the past twelve months, these are my favorites.
Note: Only a couple of these books were published in 2015 (or in December, 2014).
11. Cipher, by Kathe Koja
10. We Are All Completely Fine, by Daryl Gregory
9. Kiss Me, Judas, Will Christopher Baer
8. Windeye, by Brian Evenson
7. Colorless Tsukuru Tazaki and His Years of Pilgrimage, by Haruki Murakami
6. Black Hat Jack, by Joe R. Lansdale
5. Bleeding Shadows, by Joe R. Lansdale
4. Cruelty, by Edward Lorn (I feel compelled to disclose that I know the author of this one, but in no way do I feel the need to apologize for this book's inclusion on this list. It deserves to be here as much as any other.)
3. It, by Stephen King
2. Bubba Ho-Tep, by Joe R. Lansdale
1. Summer House with Swimming Pool, Herman Koch